Cadac UK is committed to keeping the personal data of its customers accurate, confidential, secure and private.
Use of personal data
When you visit our website we obtain certain personal data. We only keep and use the personal data provided by you directly for a service request (for example by filling in a contact form or creating an account), or data of which it is obvious that it needs to be processed. We will not use your personal data for other purposes, unless you have given permission in advance or when we must do so under the law.
Description of personal data
In order to provide you with the best possible service, it is necessary for CADAC to store your personal data in certain cases. We process the following personal data from you:
- Name and address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- IP address
- Technical browser information
- Cookie ID
- Click and surf behaviour
- Order and accounting history
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Create an account on our webite or place an order for any of our products.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Enter third party competitions and giveaways and consent to your data being transferred to Cadac UK
Where your personal data is collected, we shall, at the time when personal data is obtained, provide you with all of the following information:
- the identity and the contact details of the controller and, where applicable, of the controller’s representative;
- the contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable;
- the purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing;
- where the processing is based on point (f) of Article 6(1), the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party;
- the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data, if any;
- where applicable, the fact that the controller intends to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation and the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the Commission, or in the case of transfers referred to in Article 46 or 47, or the second subparagraph of Article 49(1), reference to the appropriate or suitable safeguards and the means by which to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available.
- In addition to the information referred to in paragraph 1, the controller shall, at the time when personal data are obtained, provide the data subject with the following further information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing:
- the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability;
- where the processing is based on point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2), the existence of the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
- Where the controller intends to further process the personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data were collected, the controller shall provide the data subject prior to that further processing with information on that other purpose and with any relevant further information as referred to in paragraph 2.
- Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 shall not apply where and insofar as the data subject already has the information.
How do we store your data?
Data collected is used to take and fulfil customer orders; to administer and enhance services and only disclosed to third parties for delivery purposes. Credit card numbers are not stored electronically; and hand-written records are shredded immediately after use. Data is stored in a secure location for 7 years as part of our statutory company record requirement; after this time it is securely destroyed.
From time to time we may contact you with details of new products or offers we provide. If you consent to us contacting you for this purpose please tick the relevant box at the time of placing your order.
We do not pass on or sell personal data to third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
What are your data protection rights?
Cadac UK would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cadac UK correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cadac UK to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cadac UK erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cadac UK restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cadac UK’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cadac UK transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.